How to make a complaint or raise a concern

The quickest way to make a complaint or raise a concern is by emailing:

The email should include:

  • Your child’s name and Tutor Group (if known)
  • What is the complaint or concern?
  • The best way of contacting you (by email, phone or letter)

You can also make a complaint by:

  • Phone – 01733 343646
  • Letter – St John Fisher Catholic High School, Park Lane, Peterborough, PE1 5JN
  • Or in person – Reception

St John Fisher School takes all complaints very seriously

The Governors expect that any concerns expressed by parents and others about the school will be received in a spirit of openness, in keeping with the Catholic ethos and Mission Statement of the School. They further expect that most matters will be dealt with in informal discussions, directly with the parties concerned in the first instance or alternatively with the Headteacher. This is the informal stage.

Whilst the Governors are responsible for the overall conduct of the School, the Headteacher is responsible for the internal organisation and management of the School. Any complaint about a member of staff must be addressed to the Headteacher before it can be taken up in any other forum. It must be understood that a complaint of this kind which is taken up with a Governor will always be referred back to the Headteacher

Full details of our Complaints Policy can be found HERE

Complaints about the following are handled by discrete statutory procedures:

Choice of school

ct, 1986, (Section 7 and Schedule 2) gives parents the right to appeal to an independent appeal committee against the decisions of the Governing Body to refuse to offer a place at the school. If you wish to appeal for a place at St John Fisher Catholic High School you should complete an Admissions Appeal Form which can be found HERE

Exclusion from school

The Education (No. 2) Act, 1986, (Sections 23, 25 and 27) gives parents the right to make representations to the Governing Body about exclusions from school and, where the Governing Body upholds the decision of the Headteacher to exclude a student permanently, to appeal to an independent appeal committee.

Temporary Disapplication of the National Curriculum

The Education Reform Act, 1988, Section 19, gives parents the right of appeal to the Governing Body where the Headteacher decides that the national curriculum will not apply to individual students.

Complaints about the Curriculum

The Education Reform Act, 1988, Section 23 requires schools to have in place arrangements whereby parents may complain about the delivery of the National Curriculum.

Special Educational Needs

The Education Act, 1993, (Sections 169 & 170) allows parents to appeal to a special educational needs tribunal against the decisions by a local education authority (LEA) regarding statutory assessments and statements.

Public Examination Results

Complaints about the award of grades in public examinations must be taken up with the appropriate examination board.

© 2022 Created by St John Fisher Catholic High School