Safer schools partnership
We have teamed up with schools in local communities to help keep young people safe across Cambridgeshire.
The Safer Schools Partnership is a national initiative which aims to improve behaviour and fear of crime in young people. A total of 10 Cambridgeshire schools are involved in the partnership which involve visits from our safer schools officers to deliver key safety messages to young people.
Our aim is to focus on early intervention and prevention to help reduce the number of young people becoming victims or offenders of crime. We work to ensure;
- the safety of pupils, staff, schools and surrounding areas
- there are safe and secure school communities
- young people achieve their full potential
- young people develop respect for themselves and the community
- there is help for young people to deal with situations that may put them at risk of becoming victims of crime, bullying or intimidation
- young people understand there are consequences for their actions
- students at risk of offending are given appropriate support
- there are better standards of behaviour in schools
- there are positive relations between young people and the police.
To find out more information about how the police work with schools and young people in Cambridgeshire, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org .
Safer Schools Newsletter – February 2021